(Due to technical difficulties, all comments/edits and 3P's are not here but will be added on ASAP)
Journal #1
Dear Diary:
Ah, how lovely it was to hear from my husband, Macbeth again, although he did tell a strange story in his letter. On his last day of battle, he met witches who called him Thane of Cawdor and “the future King.” Much to his surprise, the King’s men appointed him Thane of Cawdor soon afterwards. Does this mean their second prediction will be true; will he be King? And me, this would make me a Queen! We could rule the kingdom and have all the riches we only ever dream of! Nothing could stop us; we’d have absolute power! Could this happen? Or do we need to work to get our reward? The witches have been right once; I must believe that it will happen again. Life will change for the better. I hope this prophecy will come soon…
Lady Macbeth
Journal #2
Dear Diary:
A strange but terrible thought came over me today after reading Macbeth’s letter. What if we are our own puppet masters; what if we decide our own future? If so, then this must mean that Macbeth and I must kill the King. After all, we deserve it. My husband has been the greatest warrior to ever fight and I cannot believe he does not hold more power within our society. This could be our big moment. Our reign as King and Queen would be forever as our children and their children would still hold the crown. The three witches must have been sent to guide us to the right path. We must hold the power in the kingdom, for this is the way all was meant to be.
Lady Macbeth
Journal #3
Dear Diary:
I talked with Macbeth about assassinating Duncan today. Our noble King is coming over to our “fortress” tonight: and this shall be his death place. My husband does not agree with my decisions; however his yearn for power will drive him over the edge into killing. If not, I will force him too. He is, of course, my husband; he must be loyal to me. No one will suspect us; the Thane who fought so brilliantly for his kingdom and his wife, to be the plotters. We are too innocent, and after tonight, our world will change forever!
Lady Macbeth
Journal #4
Dear Diary:
Last night, Macbeth and I put my plan into action. I couldn’t believe how much of a coward my husband is; he nearly refused to do it until I played the loyalty card. Reluctantly, he agreed and murdered Duncan. Afterwards, it was I who had to kill the guards, but no matter. Our plan went perfectly; nobody even suspects us after Macbeth said it was he who killed the servants when he saw his beloved king lying lifeless on the floor. And now who is in the perfect spot to become crowned the new King and Queen?
Life soon shall be good, with all the riches and power in our kingdom.
Long Live King and Queen Macbeth!
Journal #5
Dear Diary:
Macbeth and I are finally King and Queen! How nice it is to finally have power and make our own decisions! Now we can have or do anything whenever we want; the kingdom is ours! And tonight we have invited all the higher ranking officers to our palace for a banquet. Banquo included… Speaking of Banquo, a few hours ago, Macbeth was acting and talking very strangely, and Banquo’s name was mentioned. When I inquired to find out more, I was told that it would be better if I didn’t know until the deed was done. Did my husband plan to harm his dear friend in some way without me knowing? Banquo is the only man that could possibly undermine our status… But is that reason enough to kill him? Only time will tell… We’ll see how this goes…
Long Live the King and Queen!
Journal #6:
Dear Diary:
Last night was our banquet. All seemed well until my husband started hallucinating; apparently the ghost of Banquo was with us. Macbeth was pointing and screaming things to an empty space, almost as if something had taken over his body. If I hadn’t been so fast to cover for him and his delusions, we would have surely lost the trust of all others at the table. This means I was right though; he did have Banquo murdered. This feeling of guilt seems to be taking over his body, and I am wondering if I should be feeling the same thing. Although Banquo’s death had nothing to do with me, Duncan’s demise was entirely my plan. At least that had meaning behind it… But should I be seeing ghosts or be feeling guilty? I feel almost inhuman now. Curse Macbeth and his weak mind! These next few nights should be interesting, to say the least.
Queen Macbeth
Journal #7:
Dear Diary:
What have we done? More specifically, what have I done? A week ago I did not feel guilty at all, but now I am a complete wreck. All this is from Macbeth and his outbreak at our last banquet. He was seeing the ghost of Banquo… Now, all I can think about is how the world is closing in around me. What will happen if Macduff hears word of what we have done? Our kingdom will be attacked, and if they are successful, we will lose our throne and most likely our lives. Were these killing sprees worth the power we have now? Maybe life would have been better if we had let time take its toll.
Queen Macbeth
Journal #8:
Dear Diary:
By the time anyone reads this, I will be gone. I am drowning in a sea of blood that cannot be washed away by water; it will never leave. I no longer see anyone; just shadows. I am obsessed with getting this bright red stains off my hands, only to have blood spurting out of faucets, like it did from the veins of the guards I murdered. The world surrounds me like small box in which there is only one way out; to take my own life. I wish I hadn’t chosen this path in my life. It haunts me to think that Macbeth and I could have had power and been rich without murder. So this is my last farewell.
Queen Macbeth
No comments:
Post a Comment